The main advantages and rationale and benefits of e-learning include:
(1) increase the possibility of contact between and among students and between students and the school
Through ease of communication between these parties in several directions, such as discussion boards, e-mail, chat rooms. The researchers believe that these things over and motivate students to participate and interact with the topics.
(2) contribute to the different perspectives of the students:
Forums instant like discussion boards and chat rooms provide opportunities for the exchange of views on the topics which increases opportunities to take advantage of the views and proposals and incorporate with the views student which helps in the formation of a solid foundation when the learner is composed has knowledge and strong opinions and sound through the acquired knowledge and skills Using chat rooms.
(3) a sense of equality:
Since the communication tools allow each student the opportunity to make his opinion at any time and without embarrassment, unlike classroom traditional deprive him of this feature either because poorly organized seats, or twice the student’s voice itself, or shame, or other reasons, but this type of education provides full opportunity for the student because he can send his mind and his voice through the communication tools available from the e-mail and discussion boards and chat rooms.
This feature is more useful for students who feel fear and anxiety because this method of education that students enjoy more boldly in the expression of their ideas and the search for more facts than they would in the traditional classroom.
Studies have shown that the debate on-line help and urges students to more confrontation.
(4) easy access to the teacher:
Enabled e-learning it easy to get a teacher and access in the fastest time outside official working hours, because trainee became able to send queries to the teacher through e-mail, and this feature is useful and appropriate for the teacher more, rather than be constrained on his desk. And be more useful to those who contradict their working hours with the timetable for the teacher, or when there are queries at any time is not likely postponement.
(5) the possibility of modulating the teaching method
Possible receive scientific material way that suits the student Some of proportionality way visual, including suits him way radio or print, and some of them fit with the way the process, education-mail and sources allow the application of sources in different ways and many allow modification in accordance with the method best for the trainee.
(6) different teaching methods appropriate:
E-learning allows the learner to focus on important ideas while writing and assembled for a lecture or lesson, as well as allows students who have difficulty focusing and organizing tasks benefit from the article and that they be arranged and coordinated in an easy and good and important elements where specific.
(7) Additional assistance iteration:
This additional feature for those who learn practical way, those who are education through training, if they wanted to express their ideas, they put them in certain sentences which means they returned to repeat information that they were trained and as the students do when preparing for a particular exam.
(8) provide the curriculum throughout the day and every day of the week (24 hours a day 7 days a week):
This feature is useful for people who or want education at a particular time, because some of them prefer to learn morning and the other in the evening, as well as for those who bear the burdens and responsibilities of personal, this feature allows all learning at the time that suits them.
(9) continuity of access to the curriculum:
This feature makes the student in the case of stability so that it can get the information they want at a time that suits him, there is no associated times to open and close the library, leading to the comfort of the student and not his weary.
(10) not to rely on the actual attendance:
Is essential for students to commit to a specific time frame and restricted and binding in teamwork for traditional education, but now no longer necessary because modern technology has provided ways to connect without the need to be in place and a particular time, it has become coordination is not that important that cause inconvenience.
(11) easily and multiple ways to assess the evolution of the student:
Assessment tools provided immediately to give the teacher a variety of methods to build, distribution and classification of information in a quick and easy evaluation.
(12) make the most of the time:
The provision of the time element is useful and very important for both sides teacher and learner, student has instant access to information at the place and time specified and therefore there is no need to go from home to the classroom or library or office professor and this leads to keeping time of loss, as well as the teacher can keep Bzmenh of loss because it can send what the student needs across the line of instant communication.
(13) to reduce the administrative burden for the teacher:
E-learning allows the teacher to reduce the administrative burden that she was taking him to a great time in each lecture such as receipt of duties and other have eased e-learning from this burden, it has become possible to send and receive all of these things through electronic tools with the ability to see receive the student to these documents.
(14) to reduce the volume of work at the school:
E-Learning provides tools to analyze scores, results and tests as well as the development statistics about.
When we talk about the negatives, the humanitarian action in general is not without its drawbacks, and e-learning does not come out about it, and the negatives could be summarized in the following points:
- Weak direct dealing between teachers and learners and focus primarily on the side of knowledge, which may weaken the social skills of learners, especially in the undergraduate who will miss models and role models of teachers to acquire and utilize direct them, and friction with them, and taking them more than just knowledge and information, but behaviors, and skills, and values, and the lack of meetings between teachers and learners weakens enable teachers to identify the talents and abilities of learners, and thus directing them proper guidance.
- Faces some learners through e-learning difficulty in expressing their views and ideas in writing, as many learners prefer to express their ideas orally which is how they led for many years through their academic, while users need e-learning to be able to writing skills to express their ideas and opinions different.
- May result in the use of e-learning to poor motivation towards learning and feeling bored as a result of sitting in front of computers and the Internet and networks dealing with it for a long period of time, especially if the material is offered free of scientific visual and audio effects that attract the learner towards learning.